Talent ConnectOur online pitching forum connecting Writers, Directors and Producers
Our Talent Connect is an easy way for Writers, Directors and Producers to find collaborators.
We know that finding collaborators to get projects off the ground is one of the biggest challenges facing filmmakers in the North. If you’re a Writer or Director, you might have a great idea for a short but no Producer to help bring the project together. Or, if you’re a Producer looking to expand your slate, you need an effective way to identify the strongest ideas that align with your creative vision.
That’s why we launched Talent Connect last year: an online pitching forum that allows Writers and Directors to submit pitches for shorts in development, and gives Producers an overview of the most exciting projects coming out the region right now.
Projects can be submitted to Talent Connect at any time and will be shared with participating Producers on a monthly basis. You can read more about how Talent Connect works below. And, if you’re a Writer or Director, you’ll also find some useful resources to help you refine your pitch. Once you’re ready to get involved, all you need to do is complete a short, online form.
Once you have an idea for your next project, do take a look at the support you can get from us via our Short Film Fund and Early Development Fund which open on Monday 14 March and close on Monday 2 May 2022.
How it works
Writers / Directors
You can submit either a one-page pitch document or a 5-minute pitch video for your project. Projects should be shorts in either live action or animation.
All submitted pitches will be stored in a folder, which will be shared with Producers approved to access Talent Connect. Each pitch will be stored for 3 months before being deleted. Pitches can be resubmitted after this point.
If you would like your pitch removed from the folder early, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Producers will need at least 1 short film producing credit in order to be approved for Talent Connect. Once your application has been approved, you’ll receive access to the pitch folder.
New projects will be added to the folder at the start of the month and will be available for 3 months. We’ll notify all participating Producers when new pitches have been added.
If you’d like to start a development discussion about a pitch, please contact the pitching team directly.
Refine your pitch
In March 2021, we hosted Writing a One Page Pitch – an inspirational and informative session led by leading Script Editor Philip Shelley.
If you’re developing a pitch for Talent Connect, Philip’s session is essential viewing. In it, he covers key topics such as: defining your premise; writing a logline; structuring a synopsis; and exploring tone and themes in a one pager.
- You can only submit 1 idea at a time
- Pitches submitted to Talent Connect are intended for participating Producers only. We will approve Producers who meet the eligibility criteria and can take no responsibility if work is shared beyond this platform.
- Pitches submitted to Talent Connect will not be read by our BFI NETWORK team.
- Each story is the intellectual property of the Writer or Writer/Director. Creatives submitting work should be aware that their intellectual property and contact details will be shared with participating Producers. Film Hub North will not be accountable in any disputes regarding infringement of intellectual property.
- Talent Connect aims to connect creatives with one another and kick-start one-to-one discussions. We can take no responsibility for the content of discussions that are facilitated via Talent Connect.