Membership Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Membership
Film Hub North (FHN) membership is open to organisations such as cinemas, cross art venues, festivals, touring schemes, societies and film archives that are committed to the vision of BFI Film Audience Network as set out in the BFI Film Forever Strategy 2012-2017 working towards a shared ambition to extend film choice, increase and broaden film audiences, and enhance opportunities for audiences to engage with and learn about film.
The region covered by Film Hub North is Cumbria, Yorkshire, County Durham, Northumberland and Tyne & Wear.
- Member benefits:
- There is no membership fee to join Film Hub North
- Access to training, networking events & conferences and bursaries for industry events
- Access to investment opportunities as they arise in line with BFI FAN objectives and FHN’s key areas of focus.
- Receive and share information e.g. FHN announcements through its local networks and beyond.
- Opportunities to access data sharing through the BFI FAN’s centralised database and participation in collective monitoring initiatives.
All members agree to:
- Participate in FHN activity with a sense of openness, purpose and generosity, believing that open-minded exploration and the sharing of ideas and will result in better outcomes for all involved.
- Commit to the vision of BFI FAN objectives and FHN’s key areas of focus, working towards a shared ambition to extend film choice, increase and broaden film audiences, and enhance opportunities for audiences to engage with and learn about film, this includes a commitment to increasing year on year the % of British and specialised film your organisation exhibits.
- Comply with laws, rules, regulations and guidelines applicable to the exhibition of film (voluntary or statutory).
- Keep regular and open lines of communication, discussing opportunities and concerns relating to FHN activity as they arise.
- Not commit any act, which shall prejudice or damage the reputation of anyone concerned with the Activity.
- Embrace the key principles that the network is of and for members; member engagement and support is fundamental to the longer-term legacy of FHN.
The membership is activated once the following conditions have been met:
- The membership contact details form is completed and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The potential member agrees to the terms and conditions as highlighted above.
- The FHN Administrator confirms that the Member meets the membership criteria to join Film Hub North based on the information provided.